cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC Response re: Proposed FDL one-way compatibility wording

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC Response re: Proposed FDL one-way compatibility wording
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:49:37 -0800

Dear All,

On Thursday November 17, 2005, CC posted a proposed amendment to the ShareAlike license provisions of CC licenses (http:// lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2005-November/002816.html, in case you missed it). The proposed amendment generated a considerable amount of very detailed discussion, debate and analysis on the list — all of which has been tremendously useful to assist in better framing the proposed language and, also, in understanding where the potential difficulties and issues with the proposed amendment may lie.

In an effort to try to respond to large volume of comments, I have attempted to distill the main arguments and concerns (that were not necessarily fully address by list members themselves) in the attached table and then included a specific response to each one that hopefully address each of them. If there is an argument or concern that you think I have missed, then please let me know so that I can also prepare a response to it as well. I welcome further discussion of the attached responses.

Regards,

Mia Garlick
CC General Counsel