cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Understanding the 2.5 ShareAlike license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Sincaglia, Nicolas" <nsincaglia AT musicnow.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Understanding the 2.5 ShareAlike license
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:10:19 -0600

The answer to that person's question is 'Yes'.

You have licensed your podcast under a license that allows for
commercial use and therefore you have already notified the general
public that they can take your work and sell it. There are certain
conditions by which the licensee of your work must comply. One of those
conditions is that they must keep intact the license for this work
within their collective work.

Hope this helps.

Nick