cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:38:40 -0500

On Saturday 10 December 2005 03:59 pm, Rob Myers wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2005, at 13:04, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> > rob AT robmyers.org wrote:
> >> It may be. Certainly I gnash my teeth each time I hit an image
> >> that is
> >> under the
> >> FDL or NC-SA.
> >
> > which might be exactly what the copyright holder wants you to do, she
> > might not like the way you want to use her work....
>
> If someone has specifically chosen another license to frustrate me
> because I have mis-used (in their opinion) their work in the past and
> my primary motivation is malice I can quite happily abuse their
> images under FDL or NC-SA.

Rob,

I don't think the point of the post was that the person had specifically
chosen the license to frustrate specifically you. I think it was that they
specifically chose the license to frustrate anyone who wants to do what you
want to do with their work. They don't want the things done which you want to
do. It has nothing to do with prior misuse as I read it.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22