cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Universal Copyleft License [was: Mapping of license restrictions (CC - GFDL compatibility)]
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:35:15 -0500

On Saturday 10 December 2005 08:04 am, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> rob AT robmyers.org wrote:
> > Quoting Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje AT addcom.de>:
> >>The demand of compatibility is just the demand of creators who want to
> >>make derivative works out of different licensed sources.
> >
> > It may be. Certainly I gnash my teeth each time I hit an image that is
> > under the
> > FDL or NC-SA.
>
> which might be exactly what the copyright holder wants you to do, she
> might not like the way you want to use her work....

Sure, but this goes to a point I tried to make in a post a while back which
is
that we are not actually promoting a creative commons (well, some of us may
be) but rather multiple, incompatible commons(es?) even within the Creative
Commons community.

Does anyone think/claim I am wrong in this assertion?

> Stefan

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/111123
Tings - Anuddah Bahamian Novel
CC BY-SA license.