cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY of Wiki-Content - must I name ALL authors?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY of Wiki-Content - must I name ALL authors?
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:15:57 -0400

On Wed, 2005-05-10 at 18:24 +0530, Holger Dieterich wrote:
Wiki-style content is often edited by a lot of users.
Yes.
Say I would run a Wiki system on my server and licence all content with
CC-BY (Creative Commons, Attribution).
OK.
I now want to publish one wiki article in a newspaper. Do I have to name ALL
contributors, even if the article has been changed by dozens of users?
Yes, unless you've gotten the contributors to let you use the name of the wiki (or some other name) instead of their own. This is only an option with the 2.5 licenses; see the attribution section of the legal text.
Or is
the last one enough?
No.
Is there a licence where I don't have to name the
authors?
Not in the 2.5 suite, but the 1.0 suite had quite a few.
~Evan