cc-licenses - Re: syndication/federation; WAS: Re: designer patterns using CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: syndication/federation; WAS: Re: designer patterns using CC
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:29:22 -0400 (EDT)

You subscribe to the lists that you're interested in.
There are some folks on the "license" list that
only want to discuss licenses and will occaisionally
chase off a discussion to the "community" list,
which is pretty much an "anything that remotely
relates to IP, CC, etc" kind of list.

I had the feeling some were on the verge of coming
out on their porch and saying
<old geezer>"Hey you kids, get off my yard" </old geezer>
any moment, so I decided to preemptively move.

As for sharing info or whatever,
subscribe to all the ones that interest you
and you're all set. when a topic on one
list ranges over to another area,
invite the other list members to join.

But don't pester them too much.