cc-licenses - Re: questions about CC: derivative and repository

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: questions about CC: derivative and repository
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:52:11 +0100
On 3 Jun 2005, at 02:05, Claudio Ruiz G. wrote:

We've read the discussion about revoking the licenses of one
licensed work, and the effects seems clear, in order to the revoke won't
affect the derivative works made from a CC licensed original work. In
others words, that revoke won't have retroactive effects.

Is it that the Chilean licenses are adding the ability to revoke, or is it that Chilean law requires that the licenses be revokable?

How can we determine if one derivative work was made while the initial
license was a CC one and no a copyright one, if the original author
choose the copyright system?
How to resolve that kind of troubles?

The usual ways. :-) Make sure digital work is catalogued by search engines and archive.org, get written work postmarked or published, get visual work exhibited, that kind of thing.

- Rob.