cc-licenses - Licensing Gaming Material

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jacinto Quesnel" <jhas777 AT gmail.com>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Licensing Gaming Material
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:24:18 -0500

Dear (CC) staff,

Being an avid game designer and gamer myself (and that includes everything from tabletop to computer and console gaming) I really this the Traditional and Videogame industries could really benefit from getting a more accesible creative commons license fit to games projects, all of them: software, written work, etc.

But, even if the (CC) site very easy to use and straightfoward for average use, it has become very confusing for when it becomes to participate. I want to help build a license for games, something similar to OGL ( opengamingfoundation.org )most probably, but less centered in games by a single company. please direct me to whom should I talk about this or how to move around the website in order to do this.

Please note that many games now use what it's called SRD, a somehow more free way to share gaming systems, but still copyright bound.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jacinto Quesnel
Game Artist

PS: today I started a list of (CC) Tabletop Gaming Proyects (  http://pandemuerto.opiumgarden.org/cctg/index.html ), I plan on building a Videogame list during the next week. If there is a better place to do this I'd like to know.