cc-licenses - Re: Can't find the right license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Can't find the right license
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:11:51 +0100
On 27 Oct 2004, at 20:40, Evan Prodromou wrote:

What you're describing sounds equivalent in spirit to the Creative Commons Attribution license. It makes credit mandatory, not optional (per your second item), and it doesn't specify a format for attribution (your third point), but otherwise it sounds about right. You should look at the license and the license terms and see if they're roughly acceptable to you.

You can pre-emptively waive attribution along with the license.

See:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-May/000864.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-June/000961.html

I don't remember a definitive statement on how one does this (but I tend to page out mailing list discussions from my brain fairly quickly :-) ).

There's always Public Domain. CC can help you dedicate work. The Open Clip Art project is PD (http://www.openclipart.org/).

- Rob.