cc-licenses - Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: debian-legal AT lists.debian.org
  • Subject: Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:45:32 -0700

MJ Ray wrote:
On 2004-06-09 01:56:18 +0100 Nathanael Nerode <neroden AT twcny.rr.com> wrote:
3) As for the trademark clause, I agree that the trademark requirement
is burdensome.

This isn't supposed to be an actual part of the license, according to the
source code for the web page; [...]

I missed that. I'm not in the habit of reading licence page source codes in the normal run of things. Yes, it's not clear, as a cursory glance at copies of the CC licence suggests. I see some Nathanael Nerode pointed that out on cc-discuss in March... are we talking into a black hole, or do CC react to that list?

Yes, CC does react to feedback on cc-licenses, though none of us read everything. We'll probably roll out a cc-community list soon to cut down the noise on cc-licenses. Anyway, I did notice Nathanel's post <https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-March/000628.html> and brought it up internally: