cc-licenses - Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT debian.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: debian-legal AT lists.debian.org
  • Subject: Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:12:02 -0400

Me> Second, let me note how poorly timed the analysis is.

MR> It may be "poorly timed" but at least a debian user helped to
MR> make it happen. Please praise Ben Francis and give him due
MR> credit for getting your attention with
MR> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-June/000909.html

Ben deserves some praise. Nice job, Ben!

MR> Equally, let us note that a debian *developer* subscribed to
MR> cc-discuss solicited the views of debian-legal, but did not
MR> make sure our views were clearly known to them.

Yes, indeed. My grouchiness was unmerited, and I should have been
doing a better job as a conduit between the two groups. I'm now
subscribed to debian-legal and I'll try to keep the lines of
communication open better.

I'm sorry to have been harsh for something that was more or less my
own responsibility.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou