cc-licenses - Re: Attribution Issue

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Attribution Issue
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:24:55 -0700

Matt Barton wrote:
I strongly object to the removal of the attribution option from the "Choose your License Issue." I think that by removing this option, CC is appearing to support the idea that artists should claim ownership or their material and require other people to offer attribution for borrowed materials. Even if only 3% of artists are willing to give up attribution, that's far more than enough to justify its remaining as an option.

If you want to disclaim ownership the public domain is for you, and is a clear option via <http://creativecommons.org/license/>.

--
Mike Linksvayer