cc-licenses - A license for usenet?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: J.L. <cheap_laugh AT earthlink.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A license for usenet?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:01:50 -0500

Greetings,

I am a poster to usenet, and unfortunately myself and others, have found that their postings/writings copied and pasted into commercial websites without permission and sometimes without attribution. When these sites have been contacted politely to remove the writings, we have been met with a resounding and public round of serious harassment and a general "f*** you. One of the newsgoups I post to is in deep discussion and several are concerned over having hteir IP stolen and used by others. Can the CC License be used for Usenet? and if so, how would the link be placed, as the medium is text only and does not accept binaries, which preclu;des the button.

Thank you

Daya Li J. Nathans
aka
Cheap Laugh