cc-licenses - Re: Including trademarks and logos in Commons-licensed publications

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Mike Linksvayer" <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Including trademarks and logos in Commons-licensed publications
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:15:05 -0700

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:42:00 -0700, "Michael A. Olson"
<mao AT sleepycat.com> said:
> Is it permissible to use the Creative Commons A/SA license for a
> document,
> and to include additional notice saying that our logo is a trademark of
> the company, and all rights to the logo are reserved? Will that preserve
> our rights to the logo while still allowing attribution and share alike
> behavior by downstream content producers?

IANAL and this isn't legal advice, but that's essentially what we do on
creativecommons.org. See <http://creativecommons.org/policies>, which is
linked to in the licensing statement at the bottom of every page.

Mike

p.s. Thanks for your interest in using CC licenses. Sleepycat and
Berkeley DB are very cool!
--
Mike Linksvayer