cc-licenses - Re: Question concerning definition of non-commercial use...

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Willem Penninckx <willem.penninckx AT belgacom.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Question concerning definition of non-commercial use...
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:32:48 +0200

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:32:04 -0700 (PDT)
Scott Neokyo <neokyo80 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> e.) If I make the a song, and distribute it, and
> license it under the CC non-commercial, would there be
> any problem with ME selling it as I see fit?
> Understanding that other people could legally give it
> away?

Yes: if you put your work under any non-comerial license, you are still
allowed to sell copies of it (only if you are the copyright holder or if
you have permission of the copyright holder).

Have a look at http://creativecommons.org/faq#faq_entry_3479 for more
information.

--
"Software patents are like landmines for programmers. At each design
decision, there is a chance you will step on a patent and it will destroy