cc-it - Re: [Cc-it] proposta cms: sf-active

cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussione delle licenze Creative Commons

  • From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi AT creativecommons.it>
  • To: Andrea Bedini <andrea AT poisson.phc.unipi.it>, <cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-it] proposta cms: sf-active
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:07:16 +0100

on 22-12-2004 11:15, Andrea Bedini at andrea AT poisson.phc.unipi.it wrote:

Proporrei di valutare con meno fretta la scelta del cms, possibilmente
ascoltando il parere di tutti. In particolare penso sarebbe utile
evidenziare pregi e difetti delle proposte prima di effettuare una scelta
definitiva. Non credo ci sia tutta questa urgenza nell'adottarne uno.

Chiederei a chi propone un cms di stilare probabili pregi e difetti per
avere un confronto iniziale.

Le proposte fatte finora sono:

____________________
[1] http://plone.org
suggerito da Andrea Bedini <andrea AT poisson.phc.unipi.it>
- è basato su Python

____________________________
[2] http://www.wordpress.org
attualmente adottato e suggerito da Lorenzo De Tomasi
- pessima la gestione dei livelli di responsabilità
- inesistente la gestione di sezioni multiple (blog multipli).
- è sotto Gnu-Gpl
- ha una buona gestione delle categorie;
- ha una buona gestione dell'organizzazione dei post (id numerico fisso +
postslug variabile);
- Può essere espanso con plugin
- ampiamente migliorabile l'editor dei testi html (anche se conforme con i
tag xhtml);
- gestisce i commenti

__________________________________
[3] http://admin.publishdemo.ez.no
http://www.publishdemo.ez.no
http://doc.ez.no/article/archive/2/index.html
suggerito da Michele Mader

Mi hanno poi suggerito (ma non ho testato):

______________________________
[4] http://www.nucleuscms.org/
suggerito da Lorenzo De Tomasi
- è sotto Gnu-Gpl
- può essere espanso con plugin
- gestisce le categorie;
- gestisce sezioni multiple (blog multipli)
- gestisce più autori con differenti livelli di responsabilità
- gestisce i commenti
- permette differenti layout ottimizzati per browser differenti
- gestisce la ricerca tra i post
- rss + atom
- upload di file e immagini;
- IP-banlist
- Backup/Restore

__________________________
[5] http://www.drupal.org/
http://www.drupalitalia.org/
http://drupal.org/features
suggerito da Lorenzo De Tomasi
- è sotto Gnu-Gpl
- supporta le licenze Ccpl
- Collaborative Book - Our unique collaborative book feature lets you setup
a project or "book" that needs to be written and then authorize other
individuals to contribute content.
- Role based permission system - Drupal administrators don't have to
tediously setup permissions for each user. Instead, they assign permissions
to roles and then group like users into a role group.
- Searching - All content in Drupal is fully indexed and searchable at all
times.
- Polls - Drupal comes with a poll module which enables admins and/or users
to create polls and show them on various pages.
- Templating - Drupal's theme system separates content from presentation
allowing you to control the look and feel of your Drupal site. Templates are
created from standard HTML and PHP coding meaning that you don't have to
learn a proprietary templating language.
- Threaded comments - Drupal provides a powerful threaded comment model for
enabling discussion on published content. Comments are hierarchical as in a
newsgroup or forum.
- Version control - Drupal's version control system tracks the details of
content updates including who changed it, what was changed, the date and
time of changes made to your content and more. Version control features
provide an option to keep a comment log and enables you to roll-back content
to an earlier version.

"I'm one of the core developers on Plone, and also a user of Drupal. I don't
find my loyalties divided, as I find both systems suitable for very
different purposes. [Š]
Drupal works pretty well for smallish community sites that require minimal
expenditure of effort in setup, and a defined set of core features.
Plone, on the other hand, whilst being reasonably suited to that task, is a
bit of a different beast. Its development has arisen out of the Zope
application server (in itself a gargantuan project), and the Zope Content
Management Framework, neither of which actually really gives you a website.
[Š]
Zope/Plone is fantastic for large-scale projects, as you can do amazing
things with it in a very short period of time. I regularly take on very
large scale projects and use Plone for them. Drupal doesn't meet my needs in
that space, yet. Zope and Plone as a combination provide an almost
unparalleled development platform, and, even traditionally as a PHP
programmer myself, I will happily assert that Python is the more appropriate
choice of programming language to meet these goals.
The second thing that you're going to need to look at is usability. Now, I'm
a hardcore developer. I tend to think through problems in terms of code
issues. However, when it comes to actually *using* Plone on a daily basis
for my own personal website, it drives me nuts. I find Drupal's
configuration, layout, content editing, and style to be far more comfortable
than Plone's. I'm really not a fan of Plone's default skin, but that's as a
matter of personal preference. Technically, and from an accessibility
viewpoint, Plone and Drupal are on a pretty even footing."