cc-ie - [Cc-ie] Layman's Comparison

cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Ireland

  • From: "Stephen Judge.ie" <stephen AT stephenjudge.ie>
  • To: Cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ie] Layman's Comparison
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 03:57:22 +0100

Hello,

I am wondering, when this draft of the license has passed the discussion stage will it then be published as an official public licence or will there likely be another draft at a later date.

I am not from a legal background, but I want to help promote the use of CC licenses wherever I can in Ireland.  I would be interested to know what are the key differences between the draft Irish license and the standard un-ported CC license.  If you can give me a brief summary of the key differences in layman's terms I would be very grateful.  Are there any significant differences between the two licenses or is just more subtle legal points that need to be tweaked?

A starting point I a using when talking to artists about using CC licenses is this documentary that I am promoting 'Publishing Open Content, Confronting some business decisions - (Ogg Theora)' http://url.ie/1qpv

Regards,
Stephen Judge

Email: stephen AT stephenjuge.ie
Web: http://www.stephenjudge.ie

Stephen Judge's ClaimID Links and Contact DetailsStephen Judge's hCardSubscribe to Stephen Judge's Miro Video Feed
Firefox 2Get Thunderbird!Use OpenOffice.org Free Open Source Office Suite
Get Miro - The Free Open-Source Video Platform

  • [Cc-ie] Layman's Comparison, Stephen Judge.ie, 06/17/2009