cc-ie - [Cc-ie] Layman's Comparison

cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Ireland

  • From: "Whelan, Darius" <D.Whelan AT ucc.ie>
  • To: <cc-ie AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-ie] Layman's Comparison
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:00:10 +0100

Hi Stephen,

Once this draft has passed the discussion stage it will then be launched as an official public licence within a few months.  There are no significant differences which apply to the effect of the licences when ported for the Irish versions.  When the licences are finalised, a user will be able to choose Irish licences from the licence chooser here:

The wording which appears to the user will be the same as for all other jurisdictions.  Only the legal code version will differ.  Most users do not need to look at the legal code.  The changes which have been made to the legal code are all relatively minor.  An example is that if a person chooses an Irish licence, clause 11.3 states that
Except as otherwise agreed, this Licence shall be governed by the law of Ireland.  Other changes are explained here:

For a comment from Eoin O'Dell of Trinity College Dublin see

All the best,

Darius