cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Launch nature, timing, Lessig presence, etc.

  • From: "Jack Qiu" <jacklqiu AT gmail.com>
  • To: "uta lam" <utalam AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org, Peter Yu <peter_yu AT msn.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Launch nature, timing, Lessig presence, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:06:27 +0800

These are all very good ideas from Rebecca, Oiwan, and Uta. To launch CC-HK back-to-back with CIRC will help bridge the 2 communities, which I believe should work very closely with each other, and this can increase the possibility of getting Lessig to HK. The dates are fine for me. And I like the idea of getting local bands and make it a big party. Two specific questions:

1. How should I donate money? Send a check to Ben? Made it payable to CC-HK?

2. Should we put together a CC-HK Manifesto? I'm thinking about something short but powerful, easy for media use, and for us to circulate, for example, while inviting music bands or all members of the creative community in HK, from Cantonese opera to photography to graffiti. It should be an inclusive document, in English and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese). Does anyone know any such Manifesto being by other CC chapters used for their launch parties?

Jack