cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Some photos of today's workshop

  • From: "Kenneth Yip" <kyip AT stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Some photos of today's workshop
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:36:17 +0800

Dear Yahong and Alice,

Thanks for the great effort.  Look forward to reading the draft!

Kenneth

On Nov 26, 2007 12:46 PM, Li Yahong <yali AT hku.hk > wrote:
A few more words on the legal process... Our two student RAs, Rob and Jerry, had worked extremely hard in the past few months.  They identified all important issues and differences in concepts by carefully studying and comparing the standard CC licence, HK copyright law, and licences of several jurisdictions such as UK, Australia, US and mainland China.  These issues and concepts in turn were thoroughly discussed and debated during our team meeting last week.  we are now working on finalizing the draft.  Hopefully we will make it available by the end of the year for public comment after we get CC international's comments.  Alice and I are working closely on making sure that the licence is in compliance with HK copyright law and the drafting process is right on track.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Yahong
on behalf of legal team