cc-education - Re: [cc-education] Drawing Licencing parameters.

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Stephen Downes <Stephen.Downes AT nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] Drawing Licencing parameters.
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:23:56 -0400

Heh. And people say my proposal is readical.

I love this bit: "All United States Governmental Entities shall be subject to suit, and agree to be subject to suit, in the following (non-exclusive) list of fora: Ottawa, Canada, London, England, and Paris, France. "

Especially in conjunction with this bit: "
By using, copying, modifying, changing, performing, displaying or distributing the Software covered by this License Agreement, any Governmental Entity, or Governmental Person hereby voluntarily and irrevocably consents -- for purposes of any third-party action to remedy human rights violations and other violations..."

I have a lot of sympathy with the intent of this license, but agree that it may not be what Creative Commons had in mind...

-- Stephen

David Palmer wrote:
[cc-education] Drawing Licencing parameters.

Hello,

There has been some comment in the past concerning the application of
software agreement format to the CC-education situation.
I think that if the view is taken of 'information technology' rather
than just an educational access format, that we could well profit from
the diversity of views offered by those that have gone down the same
path even if adhering to what would appear to be a final end goal.

It is with that in mind that I forward this link, which is a little more
progressive than others, but nonetheless may well have an aspect or two
to offer:-

http://www.hacktivismo.com/news/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17

Regards,

David.