cc-education - RE: [cc-education] A Voice in The Void

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: "Alexander, Bryan" <balexan AT middlebury.edu>
  • To: 'development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons' <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [cc-education] A Voice in The Void
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:51:34 -0500

I suspect different education sectors will tend to approach this variably,
David. Those who tend to see themselves as primarily consumers of IP, say
K-12 and teaching-focused colleges, generally, might not be interested in
the commercial option. Those tending to view their work at least as much as
IP production as consumption, say R1s and think tanks, might prefer to have
it.
I'm hedging these generalizations like mad...

Bryan Alexander
Center for Educational Technology
http://cet.middlebury.edu/bryan
ICQ: 23090001
AIM: "DoctorNemoBryan"
Windows Messenger: balexan AT middlebury.edu