cc-education - Re: [cc-education] Free Curricula Foundation

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: David Wiley <david.wiley AT usu.edu>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] Free Curricula Foundation
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:49:40 -0700

Steve Foerster wrote:
Funny you should say that. The reason I delurked to comment on the
education license is that I'm part of a group already in the first stage
of doing just what you suggest. We're called the Free Curricula
Foundation, and the plan is to build the educational equivalent of
SourceForge. Look for us soon (net yet, though, I'm afraid) on
<http://www.freecurricula.org>.

Steve, we've just announced significant funding from the Hewlett Foundation to build exactly this (see http://oslo.usu.edu/). I hope you will consider attending our community requirements meeting in January, and that we can find a way to collaborate!