cc-education - [cc-education] OSLO

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Steve Foerster <steve AT chrysology.com>
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] OSLO
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:43:19 -0500

David wrote:

<< Steve, we've just announced significant funding from the Hewlett
Foundation to build exactly this (see http://oslo.usu.edu/). >>

Fascinating! When do you think EduCommons might be online? What can you tell us about how it will work? Will people starting projects be able to choose whatever license they wish for it?

Also, who will own the material that is collaboratively produced? I ask because my understanding is that titular ownership matters for legal standing if the material is misappropriated.

<< I hope you will consider attending our community requirements meeting in January, and that we can find a way to collaborate! >>

Great! When and where will the meeting be? At the USU campus in Logan, Utah?

-=Steve=-

  • [cc-education] OSLO, Steve Foerster, 12/04/2003