cc-education - Re: [cc-education] PrepCom3 report SI UN - WSIS - Working Group -

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Ted Hanss <ted AT internet2.edu>
  • To: <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] PrepCom3 report SI UN - WSIS - Working Group -
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:27:17 -0500

Internet2 cannot dictate any intellectual property terms for use of the backbone network (called Abilene). But, we do have an intellectual property framework that is offered for "Internet2 activities", such as working group efforts, and can be found at <http://members.internet2.edu/intellectualproperty.html>.

We cannot dictate how the network is used or how our members act. And, we do not require anyone to give up their intellectual property rights in order to participate in Internet2 working groups. But, if the working group results are to be shared we do advocate for open source licensing.

If there are suggestions on how to improve our IPR framework, please let us know.

Ted Hanss
Director, Applications Development
Internet2

Internet2 must have some governing board or task committee assigned to
policy that might reveal what would be required for the cc-education
license to be recognized on their "private" network. Are any of you in
a position to approach them?
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV