cc-education - RE: [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: "Downes, Stephen" <Stephen.Downes AT nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
  • To: "'cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:22:56 -0400

Hiya,

OK, my understanding of the proposal is this:

What we are calling the 'Educational License' is equivalent to the
'Attribution non-commercial share-alike' license, as described at
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/

That the 'Educational License' is a difference of name and branding only,
not a difference of terms and conditions, of the By-NC-SA license.

And that this will *continue* to be the case (in other words, there is a
committment on the part of Creative Commons not to introduce further
conditions or restrictions after a user base has been established).

And that the 'Educational License' is offered as a handy-dandy short-cut
through the license-creation wizard, again, not creating a new type of
licensing, but rather, offering a convenient, easy-to-find option for
educators.

If this is the proposal, I endorse the proposal.

-- Stephen

-
Stephen Downes ~ Senior Researcher ~ National Research Council Canada
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www.downes.ca stephen AT downes.ca
stephen.downes AT nrc.ca http://www.iit.nrc.ca/e-learning.html
Subscribe to my free daily newsletter featuring news and articles
about online knowledge, learning, community
http://www.downes.ca/cgi-bin/website/subscribe.cgi
or read it at http://www.downes.ca/news/OLDaily.htm
-