cc-education - [cc-education] target market for license?

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: George Siemens <GSiemens AT rrc.mb.ca>
  • To: "'cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-education] target market for license?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:20:59 -0500

Hi David, a few quick questions before I jump into the conversation:

  1. Who do you see as the end user of this license? – Individual? Corporate? (For example, at RRC, I don’t have say on what happens with most of my work. The college owns it by default. I’m sure I have different selection criteria for a license than an organization like a university/college. I care about being able to share with others…administrators typically care about preserving/creating organizational value (and learning content is sometimes perceived as the point of value))
  2. How will the license be “internationalized”? I know CC is doing something with this (http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/) …how does this relate to your goals?
  3. What do you feel has been the impact of the CC license? You’re obviously much closer to this than most on this list. I operate my blog/site/articles on this license. So do many other bloggers. I’m curious to see what impact this license has had (talk about a huge wide open question…:)). I never think of it…and the presence of it on other’s sites doesn’t change my linking/quoting habits.

George