cc-education - RE: [cc-education] target market for license?

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: George Siemens <GSiemens AT rrc.mb.ca>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [cc-education] target market for license?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:56:05 -0500

Hi David, thanks for you response.

Additional comments:

I'm particularly interested in the internationalization of any CC license.
The entire CC effort is based on US copyright laws, and even the site states
that "it is at least conceivable that some aspect of our licenses does not
jibe with a particular country's laws." It's hard to get into passionate
discussions if a person is unsure of whether it will have any impact in
his/her own country...:).

Secondly, I was vague in the final point in my last email (i.e. the impact
of CC license). My question(s): What has been successful about CC licenses?
What has been accomplished? Adoption? Environment of innovation (whatever
that means)? What lessons from CC experiences can be passed through to the
discussion and decision making process here? I personally have not heard
much about user response to CC licenses (i.e. are they confusing? have
artists found content creation/sharing to be easier with CC? If they are
being adopted, why? If not, why not?).

Simply: Is CC successful? In which ways? In which ways isn't it? How does
that influence what's done here?

George

<<application/ms-tnef>>