cc-devel - [cc-devel] GSOC 2011 - RDFa for Wordpress

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Bharadwaj Parthasarathy <barbi.bruce AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] GSOC 2011 - RDFa for Wordpress
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 02:20:59 -0500

Hi,

I am Bharadwaj, I am a graduate student at University of Minnesota. I am
interested in working on a challenge as a part of GSOC 2011. Specifically, I
have the RDFa plugin for wordpress in mind.

I went through the challenge page
[http://wiki.creativecommons.org/RDFa_Plugin_for_WordPress] and also checked
out the earlier code from a git repo. The earlier work seemed to have been
done in 2009 and mentored by Nathan R. Yergler. I tried to install the plugin
on a local wordpress install and I notice that RDFa button and the form pops
up, but seems to be incomplete.

I am getting started with this idea by:
1. Read RDFa primer. [http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/]
2. Checked out the code. Test drive on wordpress

I understand that if the plugin were made a part of tinymce, the plugin would
be portable. Another approach would be build this plugin in the wordpress
sidebar, of the edit page. Either way, the plugin should be able to show the
user a list of DC and FOAF properties. The user will also have the ability to
set the namespace.

I request you to provide your thoughts and feedback on this challenge. This
will help me write a good proposal.

Experience :
I have very good experience with wordpress as an end user [I personally own
50+ domains that run on wordpress] and also as a developer. I have developed
several themes for wordpress and also I am the author of "super events"
wordpress plugin. I have good knowledge about wordpress plugins and hence
believe I should be able to work on this.

Although I am new to open source, I have been rigorously active in the recent
past. I have started four projects on github in 2011 and three of them are in
a beta stage now. [https://github.com/teraom]

Thanks,
Bharad
http://bharad.net

  • [cc-devel] GSOC 2011 - RDFa for Wordpress, Bharadwaj Parthasarathy, 04/04/2011