cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Project CC Plugin for Scribus

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Akila Wajirasena <akila.wajirasena AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] GSoC Project CC Plugin for Scribus
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 23:32:27 -0700

Hi Akila,

Glad to hear you're interested in applying once again. One quick piece
of feedback that comes to mind is that it'd be good to contact the
Scribus developers/community and see if they're open to this work.
It's not clear to me from below whether or not the C++ plugins can be
distributed separately; if not, we want to lay the groundwork for
pushing that upstream.

Overall it sounds like there's some good opportunities here for both
marking the created documents with a license (support for a visible
license notice will be critical), as well as the clip art/image
support like the OpenOffice/LibreOffice add-on has.

Look forward to reading your proposal!

Nathan