cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] [GSOC 2011] Getting Involve

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Isuru Udana <isudana AT gmail.com>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] [GSOC 2011] Getting Involve
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:32:49 +0600

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Isuru Udana <isudana AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> You mean we have to propose a project which we can use bring CC to other
> tools/ platforms. As far as I see Open Attribute has all the requirement
> specified in the project idea. If I found any other way to improve the Open
> Attribute extension can I submit a proposal based on the same idea?

Yes! Thinking about it a little more, I know that OpenAttribute
currently has different _javascript_ for Opera, Chrome, and Firefox.
It'd be great to see those unified so that it gives consistent output
across platforms.

Sorry I didn't get the idea.
As far as I know, for different browsers we need to have different _javascript_s because different browser API to create extensions are not the same.

That's probably not enough on its own for GSoC, but
maybe it's a starting point?

.