cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] License Selection Library for Java

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] License Selection Library for Java
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:53:58 -0700

I think the idea with the OOo plugin was that we wanted it to work
offline. If that's not a requirement, the API is probably a better
idea. Note that you can get the list of jurisdiction codes from the
API through the questions list
(http://api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html#license-class-locale-xx),
so you don't need to maintain the list of jurisdictions yourself.

We used to have a Java wrapper for the API
(http://code.creativecommons.org/viewsvn/api_client/trunk/java/). As
you can see from the timestamps, it hasn't been touched in a few
years. That might be a reasonable starting point for you.

NRY