cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] License Selection Library for Java

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] License Selection Library for Java
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:28:54 -0700

Hi Maarten,

We've moved active development off CC Tools sourceforge.net project
onto our own servers at http://code.creativecommons.org. The OOo
plugin does have the most complete CC license selection code for Java.
We have a Summer of Code student working on the plugin right now.
You can find the license selection code in his branch at
http://code.creativecommons.org/viewsvn/ccooo/branches/akila-gsoc-2010/src/org/creativecommons/license/.

If you think this will be useful for you to use (or you have
patches/features to contribute), we can split it out into its own
module in Subversion. I think the primary issue right now is probably
startup speed, as it loads the RDF files from disk into the store;
there are probably a couple of different ways to tackle optimizing
that.

Nathan