cc-devel - [cc-devel] License or Copyright

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Thomas Bonte <thomas.bonte AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] License or Copyright
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:16:58 +0100

Hi,

For MuseScore, an open source music notation program, we plan to add in license wizard to help people choose the right license. We were pointed to liblicense so that's an option to include into the software, but I have a simple question first: in the menu of MuseScore, shall we use 'copyright' or 'license'? Currently it's 'copyright' (see attached screenshot) but I wondered whether 'license' wouldn't be better. What's your advice on this?

Cheers,
Thomas Bonte

PNG image