cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Translated strings

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Jim Eng <jimeng AT umich.edu>
  • Cc: CC-devel <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Translated strings
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:31:14 -0800

OK, great. My only gentle suggestion is to treat the RDF files as RDF
instead of straight up XML if possible. We make every effort to keep
things stable but I know that MIT's DSpace ran into problems at one
point because they were treating RDF as XML. We made a tooling change
which inadvertantly changed the namespace prefixes (IIRC we went from
having the CC namespace as the default to the RDF as the default, with
CC prefixed by cc:) and broke their integration. Of course, we're
much more aware of this sort of dependency now...

Perhaps your comment about "well-defined namespaces" accounts for that
sort of thing?

FWIW...