cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Translated strings

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Greg Grossmeier <greg.grossmeier AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jim Eng <jimeng AT umich.edu>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Translated strings
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:55:33 -0500

Hi Jim,

> But we'd really like to use a "released" version packaged as a jar or
> zip archive with version number and such so we can easily track
> changes and make sure we are getting a stable version for our
> releases. Ideally, we would let maven get the specified version from
> from http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/ or some mirror.
> So the question is whether there are versioned releases of these
> files, and whether there is a best way to get them?

I forgot to mention that there are packages of the license RDF as part
of the liblicense library [0] (which reads and writes license metadata
to a variety of file formats). There is liblicense-rdf which is a
released package of the license.rdf code tree. I don't believe I know
what system Sakai runs on but there are deb packages or rpms
available through most distributions. In fact we host our own
repository for liblicense for Debian and Ubuntu [1]

This could be one solution, but not exactly what you want.

Best,

Greg

[0] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/liblicense

[1] http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/packages/