cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] WpLicense 0.9 and JsWidget 0.92

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Bob Chao" <bobchao AT iis.sinica.edu.tw>
  • To: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] WpLicense 0.9 and JsWidget 0.92
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:19:27 +0800

Nathan,

Humm… maybe I should use another word to prevent any misunderstanding.

Actually, see the same line 6 in http://api.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.92/template.js.ja
"A <span class=\"cc_js_question\">クリエイティブ・コモンズ</span> license"
Only the "cc_js_question" part of the string turns into Japanese, just like the one in zh_TW file. I think we should fix the template generator to make the whole string localizable.

~Bob

--
Bob Chao (Chao Po-chiang)
Community Liaison

2008/8/18 Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
2008/8/18 Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Bob Chao wrote:
>
>> Hi Asheesh,
>>
>> I'm just tried LicenseChooser.js and found a problem on template.
>> In zh-TW template file:
>>
>>> * *http://api.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.92/template.js.zh_TW
>>
>> A few strings not localizable, like the one in line 6:

>> and also in line 10

Just to clarify, are they not localized, or not localize-able?  If the
latter, can you let us know why?