cc-devel - [cc-devel] Upcoming Deed RDFa Changes

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "creative commons developers" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work" <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Upcoming Deed RDFa Changes
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:32:54 -0400

This is just a heads up to anyone currently consuming the license
deeds as RDFa. We're in the process of merging work done by one of
our fantastic summer interns, Steren Giannini, to make the deeds and
chooser validate as XHTML+RDFa. To that end, we'll be using @resource
to complete triples on non-clickable items, instead of @href. Note
that if you're using a candidate recommendation-compliant parser (such
as librdfa or pyRdfa -- both of which I heartily recommend), you're
fine. You really only need to pay attention to this if you're
maintaining your, home-grown parser.

Note that if you're using my parser, rdfadict, I encourage you to
upgrade to the latest release which just provides an API wrapper
around pyRdfa.

Unless I hear objections, the updated deeds will go live late tomorrow
(19 August 2008).

Nathan

  • [cc-devel] Upcoming Deed RDFa Changes, Nathan Yergler, 08/18/2008