cc-devel - [cc-devel] liblicense packages for Ubuntu and Debian

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] liblicense packages for Ubuntu and Debian
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:59:07 -0400 (EDT)

I've finally finished creating and updating the liblicense packages for Debian and Ubuntu.

For Debian, just make sure your system is set to pull from Debian sid ("unstable") - the packages are in the official archives; take a look at http://packages.debian.org/liblicense !

(Thanks to Mako for sponsoring my upload.)

For Ubuntu, for the time being, you should use the Creative Commons repository. Information on that is at http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/packages/ - short summary:

deb http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/packages hardy main

Add that sources.list, do "sudo aptitude install liblicense-python", and then you can "import liblicense" to your heart's content!

-- Asheesh.

--
We really don't have any enemies. It's just that some of our best
friends are trying to kill us.