cc-devel - [cc-devel] Git "phrasebook"

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Git "phrasebook"
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:15:51 -0700 (PDT)

Lately, CC software development has been done using both git and Subversion. git isn't the friendliest thing in the world, so I thought I would write a phrasebook.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Git_phrasebook

This should explain some of the common things one intends to do with git. I am eager to flesh out this page to streamline our use of git (and to avoid my flesh being taken by NY for suggesting we use git).

NOTE: If you read this page before 3:45 PM (PDT) today, reload it and read it again. I fixed an important typo.

-- Asheesh.

--
Chocolate chip.

  • [cc-devel] Git "phrasebook", Asheesh Laroia, 06/11/2008