cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense [creative commons work]

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Scott Shawcroft <scott.shawcroft AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense [creative commons work]
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Scott Shawcroft wrote:

I think that license classes would be neat but from a UI standpoint its getting messier and messier. We introduced a number of additional elements in the last release and adding another is not good for the current UI. I would suggest a widget redesign. The widget should be more elegant. Alex could probably help out here.

Asheesh, I know you wanted to align the liblicense widgets and the
jsWidget so now is the best time I think.

You may be right. The thing is that JsWidget is spec'd not to offer all that many licenses so its life is easier.

P.S. I'm excited to see things happening. Where are the Gnome people? :-D

Yes, we'll have to find some. Jon, maybe you can ping some GNOME list with the latest liblicense release announcement?

-- Asheesh.

--
Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent.