cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] liblicense [creative commons work]

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Rafael Fernández López" <ereslibre AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jason Kivlighn" <jkivlighn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, asheesh AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] liblicense [creative commons work]
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:53:56 +0200

Hi all,

> Possible, yes... I just want to point out that we'd first have to extend
> the API and license RDF to specify "classes" of licenses. That way
> liblicense knows which license is which class (content, source code,
> documentation, etc.).

I suggest somehow that the allowed licenses are determined
automatically by the system. Well, KDE knows what kind of file it is.
Why put a radio button or a combo if it can be done automatically ?

There should be a "database" that says for each filetype what licenses
are supported.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.