cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Paul Scott <pscott AT uwc.ac.za>
  • To: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:36:06 +0200

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:24 -0700, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> Does that sound reasonable?

Very reasonable and sane.

> I don't think it'd be appropriate for XUL applications -- for one
> thing it'll be using document.write to inject an HTML <input> element
> (well, several of them), which doesn't always work well in XUL in my
> experience (iirc you have to do some special namespace declarations to
> mix XUL and HTML).

I have only limited experience with XUL myself, just trying to figure
out the widest possible usage for something like this. I think that
where there is a will, there is a way, but we should definitely focus on
the widest audience first though.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm