cc-devel - [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Request for Comment: Javascript Widget Proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:03:38 -0700

For some time we've had two primary ways to integrate CC licensing
into your application: the partner interface
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Partner_Interface) and the web
services API (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Creative_Commons_Web_Services).
We've been thinking about ways to lower the effort required for
adoption and make it even easier.

The current proposal is to develop a Javascript-based "widget" that
would allow a developer to drop a license chooser into a form in their
application simply by including the script tag. I've written up a
brief specification/requirements list
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/JsWidget).

We're very interested in feedback from the list. Are there any
obvious use cases that we should consider that this *won't* work for?
Anything we need to take into account as we implement?

Thanks,

Nathan

-----
Nathan R. Yergler