cc-devel - [cc-devel] 1/31 - Wednesday ===> Back To The Future - Beyond Web 2.0

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Dana Wu" <danawu AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] 1/31 - Wednesday ===> Back To The Future - Beyond Web 2.0
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:26:57 -0800

Just wanted to share this event with CCSalon:

1/31 - Wednesday ===> Back To The Future - Beyond Web 2.0

What Web Businesses Need to Know to Survive and Thrive in 2007 – And Beyond

Is "Web 2.0" just a fad or is it the new face of the Internet? What does the future hold for community sites from MySpace to LinkedIn? What new technologies should you be investing in now? What do we need from browser makers 5 to 10 years in the future? Will Google acquire Microsoft? (Just kidding.) Indeed, what company will be the next big Google-like success story?
And … what is Web 3.0 likely to look like?

Join Silicon Valley Web Builder and Stirr.net as a panel of experts kick off the new year by offering their Top 10 predictions to help you stay competitive on the web. Hear what the experts say, then grill them on your own view of the future.

Moderator:
Jeremiah Owyang, Director of Corporate Media Strategy at Podtech.net

Speakers:

Robert Scoble, Vice President Media Development at PodTech.net & Blogger

Harry McCracken, Vice President/Editor in Chief at PC WORLD

Sean Ness, Co-Founder at STIRR.net & Business Development Manager at Institute for the Future

Admission is FREE but Registration is required (so we don't run out of food):

Registration: http://backtothefuture.eventbrite.com

For more info:
http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-002598473-1

Our group's mission: to stay current with web trends, to openly discuss web technology with leading experts around the world, to build professional network that enhance career, and to exchange ideas and information among professionals.

We are passionate about technology, education, and building community.

~ Dana

Silicon Valley Web Builder
www.svwebbuilder.com
Monthly meeting on last Wed of the Month
1/31 Back To The Future: Beyond Web 2.0
http://backtothefuture.eventbrite.com/
2/28 Browser War: Episode II Attack of the DOMs
http://browserwarii.eventbrite.com
3/28 Web Trek: Exploring 4 Known Dimensions
http://webtrek4dimensions.eventbrite.com

  • [cc-devel] 1/31 - Wednesday ===> Back To The Future - Beyond Web 2.0, Dana Wu, 01/23/2007