cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] license and opensearch

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] license and opensearch
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:25:03 -0800

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 06:48 +0000, Jon Phillips wrote:
> After checking out your wiki edit on the OpenSearch page, I checked the
> spec.
<snip/>

Jon and I were having a conversation about CC enabled search services
describing themselves and publishing results as feeds in accordance with
http://opensearch.org

I dumped our research in http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcOpenSearch

A open question, if I get it at all, is how do OpenSearch clients handle
custom parameters (specified in the search description document using an
extension/different namespace). AFAICT, they don't
http://www.opensearch.org/Community/OpenSearch_enabled_search_clients

The good news, if I get it at all, is that OpenSearch search results in
RSS 2.0/Atom 1.0 may simply be annotated with existing license
extensions for those syndication formats.

Any feedback? See http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcOpenSearch#Todo for
the super short version.

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer

  • Re: [cc-devel] license and opensearch, Mike Linksvayer, 01/30/2007