cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] ccPublisher

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: Mary M <kr.melbourne AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] ccPublisher
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:33:23 -0500

Ah, right; ccPublisher doesn't play well with a proxy at this point.
Sorry, I didn't even think about that.

The username and password you provide in the "Log in to the Archive"
does need to be an Internet Archive account.

I guess I'm not completely familiar with what an ePrint is; is that a
PDF file [just the first couple Google hits look like that]?

At this stage ccPublisher will not embed license information in many
document types; it attaches licenses by uploading license metadata,
author information and the file itself to the Internet Archive for
hosting. You can link to the file at IA and essentially get free
bandwidth, but you can't do things like restrict who has access to it.
If you don't want to send your file to the Internet Archive to be made
available to the world, ccPublisher isn't the tool for you.

Does that help clear things up? If not, let me know and I'll do what I
can to help.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons