cc-devel - [cc-devel] integration into Joomla?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nic Wistreich <nic AT netribution.co.uk>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] integration into Joomla?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:20:15 +0000

hello

Just joined the list.

I'm currently configuring Joomla (open source CMS formerlly known as Mambo) to create a site where people can upload their own articles (and more).

I'd like to offer the users the chance to add a CC license to their work - ideally at the point of content submission, or if that's too tricky at signup to appear through their profile and thus create a global rights setting for that user and their content.

Has anyone managed to do this yet? (Google suggests to me they haven't)

Does anyone here have any knowledge of Joomla/Mambo and an idea of how to do this? I'm wondering about using Facile Forms which is a basic application development environment joomla component.

I am sadly not a coder - although I can configure files, and understand what the CC site is suggesting to do with normal sites when the code is more accessible. but the core of Joomla is quite impenetrable to me!

Any help here would be really appreciated, as I'm sure it would be by the Joomla community. Given Joomla's popularity it could maybe trigger an increase in CC assigned content.

Thanks in advance

Nic
http://www.netribution.co.uk