cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] integration into Joomla?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: Nic Wistreich <nic AT netribution.co.uk>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] integration into Joomla?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:30:09 -0800

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 01:20 +0000, Nic Wistreich wrote:
> hello
>
> Just joined the list.

Welcome!

> I'm currently configuring Joomla (open source CMS formerlly known as
> Mambo) to create a site where people can upload their own articles (and
> more).
>
> I'd like to offer the users the chance to add a CC license to their
> work - ideally at the point of content submission, or if that's too
> tricky at signup to appear through their profile and thus create a
> global rights setting for that user and their content.
>
> Has anyone managed to do this yet? (Google suggests to me they haven't)

I have not heard of this. I think you will find out more by asking the
Joomla/Mambo community and developers.

> Does anyone here have any knowledge of Joomla/Mambo and an idea of how
> to do this? I'm wondering about using Facile Forms which is a basic
> application development environment joomla component.

Sorry, I don't...

> I am sadly not a coder - although I can configure files, and understand
> what the CC site is suggesting to do with normal sites when the code is
> more accessible. but the core of Joomla is quite impenetrable to me!
>
> Any help here would be really appreciated, as I'm sure it would be by
> the Joomla community. Given Joomla's popularity it could maybe trigger
> an increase in CC assigned content.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Nic

Nic, I think your best best is to push this upstream with Joomla/Mambo
developers/community members.

Please keep us posted as to what you find!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA