cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] cdr label under CC?

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: "Mark Van den Borre" <mark AT markvdb.be>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] cdr label under CC?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:57:41 +0100

2006/12/11, AM Krisis <amkrisis AT lipstickparty.com>:
Hi
Hi!

I'm writing this in English to reach as many people as possible.
I'm thinking of setting up a cdr label. Not to make money but more as
a gateway, to give interesting music the exposure it deserves.
Have a look at the successful existing ones, like magnatune.com.

So i will actualy be selling the music (i won't be making any profit,
it's just productioncosts + a small fee for the artists). Could CC be
suitable for me? I was thinking that "Attribution - NoDrivs" might be
interesting?
Why no derivatives? I'd suggest Attribution-ShareAlike. Think about it.

But what about the actual sales? I would also make them available on
sites and a few local stores. is that possible?
Sure.

As far as other legal stuff, a vzw is out of order (i need three
people, and i'm alone), so what about an 'additional proffesion'?
(don't know the exact english word for it) is this necessary? I want
to keep it as legal as possible ...
Go to an information session of your local enterprise desk
('ondernemingsloket). Consult a good accountant. Or if you want to set
up a non-profit, consult Procura or VSDC (google those).

Oh, and consult a good lawyer. Belgian law and SABAM are subject Franz
Kafka could have written a very interesting novel about.

Mark
--
Mark Van den Borre
Noormannenstraat 113